The Evaluation Process
Butler's programs are being reviewed under the HLC's Program to
Evaluate and Advance Quality (PEAQ) criteria to maintain its
accreditation status. PEAQ employs a five-step comprehensive
evaluation process to determine continued accredited status.
- The institution engages in a self-study process for
approximately two years and prepares a report of its findings in
accordance with Commission expectations.
- The Commission sends an evaluation team of
Consultant-Evaluators to conduct a comprehensive visit for
continued accreditation and to write a report containing the team's
- The documents relating to the comprehensive visit are reviewed
by a Readers Panel or, in some situations, a Review Committee.
- A decision-making body takes action on the Reader's Panel
- In certain circumstances, the Commission's Board of Trustees
takes final action.