Butler University Bulletin
JCA Academic Regulations
In addition to the University academic regulations, the following are applicable to students registered in Jordan College of the Arts.
- 40 upper-division credit hours (300–400 level) are required for graduation.
- Courses in the student’s major or minor receiving a grade of C- or below or taken pass/fail will not count toward that major or minor.
- All students working toward a teaching license must meet additional requirements as outlined for licensing.
- All students are required to participate in departmental ensembles as required by the specific curricular and scholarship guidelines.
- As an essential component of a full and varied educational experience in the arts, undergraduate JCA majors are expected to attend arts events in their discipline and related areas throughout their tenure at Butler.