Butler University, in partnership with Bright House Networks,
provides students living in University housing with full Cable TV
service consisting of approximately 70 channels.
Note: Your TV must have a QAM
tuner in order to receive this
service. Most TVs (Vizio, Samsung, Sony) since 2006
include this, but refer to your owner's manual or manufacturer
website (i.e., Google it) to check your specific model if you
Steps to take when you arrive on campus:
- Check that with your TV's manufacturer webiste if your model
has a QAM tuner. Some models require activation or do not
have a QAM Tuner.
- Remove any cable boxes, VCRs, or other devices between the TV
and the wall.
- Connect the TV directly to the wall outlet using a high-quality
coaxial cable with a threaded connection.
- Make sure your connections at both ends of the cable are
- Set your TV source input to Cable (some TV's require changing
to Antenna then Cable)
- Run a full channel scan, commonly called Auto Program or Auto
Tune, to find all the channels available to you.
University housing with Butler Cable TV Service
- Ross Hall
- Schwitzer Hall
- Residential College (ResCo)
- University Terrace Apartments
- Apartment Village
For more information, see the Cable TV FAQ.