DC Semester Application Process
Application Due Date and Recruiting Sessions
Recruiting for students interested in participating in 2020-21 is underway. Applications are due on February 7, 2020 for students who are applying at participate in the 2020-21 academic year.
Information sessions were held on Monday, November 18th from 12-12:50 pm in JH 48 and also on Tuesday, November 19th from 12:15-12:45 pm in JH 155. It's not too late to learn more!
If you are interested in learning more information and were not able to attend one of those sessions, please contact Dr. Jones to schedule an appointment. 1:1 appointments are always welcome to discuss the program.
Here are the steps students take to find out about the DC Program and apply for it.
All juniors and seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply for the DC Program. If you are interested in applying but do not meet these requirements, please contact the CHASE office in JH 105.
- Meet with your academic advisor and decide which semester would be best for you to spend in DC.
- Attend a DC Program Informational Meeting or meet with Dr. Jones. Spring meetings are usually done individually by appointment in JH 105 with Dr. Jones.
- If you would like to participate in the DC Program, but you cannot attend a meeting, please contact us as soon as possible so that you can begin your application. We are always happy to meet students on an individual basis.
The Remaining Steps Should Not Be Taken Until You Know For Certain When You Are Applying To The DC Program.
- Students apply to the DC Program the spring semester prior to the academic year they will spend in DC. For example, if a student wishes to spend spring 2021 in DC, he/she starts the application process during the spring 2020 semester. It is possible that we could still enroll a spring 2021 student in the fall 2020 semester, but you will have access to considerably more internships by planning ahead, and the housing books up quickly. Application materials are available to download below. If the student will be abroad during the spring semester, they should contact the DC program to discuss the timeline for applying. The DC Program application consists of:
- Submit a completed application package by the application deadline to the DC Program office.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be scheduled for a meeting to discuss your academic and career interests, and possible internship sites in DC with Dr. Rusty Jones, our DC Coordinator. We will contact you to schedule your interview. You must meet with Dr. Jones in order to be considered for the DC Program.
- Check your email to find out if you have been accepted into the DC Program. Emails are usually mailed one week after the interviews. Those accepted into the DC Program will receive further instructions regarding registration procedures. If accepted into the program, you do not register for classes with your advisor. A meeting will be held to go over registration procedures.