DC Semester Application Process
We recruit each spring for the upcoming academic year. Spring 2017 interns have already been selected.
The 2018-19 application due date has occurred. We still have space for Spring 2019. Interested students should reach out to Dr. Jones as soon as possible.
Here are the steps students take to find out about the DC Program and apply for it.
All juniors and seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply for the DC Program. If you are interested in applying but do not meet these requirements, please contact the CHASE office in JH 153.
- Meet with your academic advisor and decide which semester would be best for you to spend in DC.
- Attend a DC Program Informational Meeting or meet with Dr. Jones. Two meetings are held each fall. Spring meetings are usually done individually by appointment in JH 153 with Dr. Jones. You can find out the dates of the DC Program Info meetings on the Important Dates page. If the information is not posted, please contact the DC Program office.
- If you would like to participate in the DC Program, but you cannot attend a meeting, please contact us as soon as possible so that you can begin your application.
- We maintain a listserv for the DC Program. If you attend an information system, you will automatically be added to it. If you have not attended a session and would like to be included on informational emails, please contact us.
The Remaining Steps Should Not Be Taken Until You Know For Certain When You Are Applying To The DC Program.
- Students apply to the DC Program the spring semester prior to the academic year they will spend in DC. For example, if a student wishes to spend spring 2019 in DC, he/she starts the application process during the spring 2018 semester. It is possible that we could still enroll a spring 2019 student in the fall 2019 semester, but you will have access to considerably more internships by planning ahead. Application materials are available to download below. If the student will be abroad during the spring semester, they should contact the DC program to discuss the timeline for applying. The DC Program application consists of:
- Submit a completed application package by the application deadline to the DC Program office.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be scheduled for a meeting to discuss your academic and career interests, and possible internship sites in DC with Dr. Rusty Jones, our DC Coordinator. We will contact you to schedule your interview. You must meet with Dr. Jones in order to be considered for the DC Program.
- Check your email to find out if you have been accepted into the DC Program. Emails are usually mailed one week after the interviews. Those accepted into the DC Program will receive further instructions regarding registration procedures. If accepted into the program, you do not register for classes with your advisor. A meeting will be held to go over registration procedures.