The Sexual Misconduct Prevention Taskforce
The Sexual Misconduct Prevention Taskforce is convened by Dr. Frank Ross, Vice President of Student Affairs, and co-chaired by Jules Arthur-Grable, Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Specialist, and Maria Kanger, Title IX Coordinator. Its members include faculty, staff, and students representing most areas of campus.
The Taskforce has been charged with the following:
- Raise awareness of prevention education programs taking place within the Butler community
- Collaborate with campus partners on the creation of effective prevention education programs for students
- Review current Butler’s current prevention programming efforts and provide feedback
- Ensure that Butler’s prevention education is meeting the needs of all students
- Review campus and national data to better understand the systemic issues of
- sexual misconduct
- Develop a strategic plan for addressing sexual violence prevention at Butler University
- Streamline tracking of prevention initiatives and outcome data for internal purposes, compliance reporting, and to help better tell the story of how prevention is valued and actualized at Butler University
Each spring, students will be invited to apply to serve as a member of the Taskforce for the next academic year. Information about the application process will be shared with students via email.