Butler Student Handbook
Campus Life Policies
- Alcohol Policy for Students
- Animal Abuse
- Campus Demonstrations and Free Speech
- Clery Act
- Drug-free Schools and Community Act Compliance
- Grievances/Formal Complaint Procedure
- Hazing and Pre-initiation Activities
- Health Insurance Requirement
- Housing Policies and Procedures
- Health Officer
- Missing Student Protocol
- Performance, Presentation, and Speaker Events Policy
- Regulation on Use of Sound Amplification Devices
- Sex Crimes Prevention Act
- Smoking Policy
- Student Organization Policies, Guidelines & Procedures
The Vice President for Student Affairs or designee serves as the University Health Officer. In consultation with appropriate medical and University personnel, they may direct the following at their sole discretion:
- require any student to withdraw from the University at any time if the vice president determines the student’s condition may constitute a hazard to themselves, any other students or the campus community.
- require any student to submit to a psychological/psychiatric assessment to determine whether that student’s behavior may constitute a hazard to themselves, any other student, or the campus community
- require any former student or prospective student to obtain and submit a medical clearance to the University before being admitted or readmitted to the University where the vice president determines this is in the best interest of the student, the University or the campus community.
- require any student to withdraw from the University if the vice president determines the student likely has a medical condition that interferes with their attendance or progress at the University. At the vice president’s sole discretion they may recommend voluntary withdrawal to the student as an alternative to requiring the student to withdrawal.
- enforce compliance with the Infectious Waste Law.