Campus Life Policies
- Alcohol Policy for Students
- Animal Abuse
- Campus Demonstrations and Free Speech
- Clery Act
- Drug-free Schools and Community Act Compliance
- Grievances/Formal Complaint Procedure
- Hazing and Pre-initiation Activities
- Health Insurance Requirement
- Housing Policies and Procedures
- Health Officer
- Missing Student Protocol
- Performance, Presentation, and Speaker Events Policy
- Regulation on Use of Sound Amplification Devices
- Sex Crimes Prevention Act
- Smoking Policy
- Student Organization Policies, Guidelines & Procedures
Grievances/Formal Complaint Procedure
The University recognizes that situations may arise in which a student believes they have been treated unjustly. All members of the University community should attempt to resolve grievances as soon as possible as, typically, the opportunity to gather information is greatest at the earliest point in time. Students may choose to consult with the Dean of Students to determine how best to address their concern. In general, addressing a grievance should start at the lowest possible level:
Students concerned about an academic/faculty issue may discuss the concerns directly with the instructor, the department chair, or the dean of their college.
Students concerned about a matter not related to academics should address them with the director or dean responsible for the area of concern.
If these steps do not achieve a resolution, the student may contact the Provost or Vice President for Student Affairs for assistance. Please refer to specific sections of the student handbook for more information on grievances involving student conduct, academic integrity, sexual misconduct, harassment and discrimination.
This form is to be used to submit a formal complaint regarding an issue in which a student has not been able to satisfactorily find resolution. Completed forms will be routed to the Office of the Dean of Students for investigation and response. For assistance with completing this form contact the Dean of Students at (317) 940-9470.