Monthly Payment Plan
Butler University offers a Monthly Payment Plan for the FALL and SPRING semesters which allows students the opportunity to make monthly payments during each semester. The plan includes a nominal non-refundable participation fee per semester.
Students must enroll online by logging into their my.butler .edu account during available enrollment dates.
Fall 2018: Enrollment dates have EXPIRED
Spring 2019: Enrollment dates: November 15, 2018 - December 10, 2018 (4 payments)
$25 particpation fee per semester (fall & spring)
The Terms & Conditions are included in the online enrollment steps. During the enrollment process, students must agree to the Terms & Conditions of the Monthly Payment Plan. After successful enrollment in the plan, a copy of the Terms & Conditions are also sent to the student's Butler e-mail address.
Late/Partial Payment Penalty
A notification was sent May 2014 to payment plan participants (to home address on file) regarding a change to late or partial payment penalty calculations, effective fall 2014. Review details here.
A payment plan is NOT available for the summer term.
- Students previously enrolled in the payment plan who selected ALL TERMS, are automatically included in the four (4) month payment plan for ALL subsequent semesters provided they're enrolled in classes prior to the publication of the first E-Bill for each term (2nd Wednesday in July for fall; 2nd Wednesday in December for spring).
- Students previously enrolled in the payment plan who did NOT choose ALL TERMS but want to continue in the monthly payment plan during subsequent semesters must enroll (via my.butler.edu account) in the plan when enrollment dates become available.
- The Office of Student Accounts doesn't remove payment plan participants with zero or credit balances from the plan. If the payment plan is no longer needed, it is the student's responsibility to contact the office, in writing, requesting removal from the plan.
- Payment Plan participants will be charged the non-refundable payment plan fee each term regardless of the account balance. Account balances of $100 or less will NOT be divided into monthly payments.
Students must enroll online by logging into their my.butler.edu account during available enrollment dates:
Fall 2018: Enrollment dates have EXPIRED
Spring 2019: Enrollment dates: Nov.15, 2018 - Dec. 10, 2018 (4 payments)
$25 participation fee per semester (fall & spring)
A student user ID and password are required. Hard copy enrollment forms are not available. During the enrollment process, students are required to review and accept the Terms & Conditions.
Note: A payment plan is NOT available for the summer term.
E-Bills are published the 2nd Wednesday of every month and the final payment for payment plan participants for the fall 2018 term is due in full November 1, 2018. The final payment for the spring 2019 term is due in full April 2, 2019.
Note: Payment due dates are within the first six days of the month following the E-Bill. The due date is indicated on the E-Bill.
Students with any prior account balances due and/or a poor payment history are ineligible for plan participation.
Payment plan payments (including 529 plan payments) must be received in full by the due date indicated on the E-Bill to avoid late payment penalties. Financial aid funds (e.g. outside scholarships, loans, etc.) are NOT considered payment plan payments. Please keep in mind:
- Pre-payments and financial aid funds are deducted from the total balance due and will reduce future payment plan amounts.
- If 529 plan payments are utilized, "pending payments' are NOT considered actual payments. To be considered a payment for the payment plan, 529 plan payments must be received by the Office of Student Accounts by the due date indicated on the E-Bill and the total AMOUNT DUE NOW must be received in full.
- The Office of Student Accounts does NOT remove payment plan participants with zero or credit balances from the payment plan.
- Students must notify our office in writing to be removed from the plan.
Student Online Navigation Instructions
- Navigate to my.butler.edu and login (student user ID and password are required.)
- Click Self Service Student Homepage
- Click Student Center
- Click Payment Plan Info Center under FINANCES heading
- Click Payment Plan Application
- Read the 2018-19 Terms & Conditions and check the box to agree.
- Choose either ALL TERMS or CURRENT TERM ONLY
If you choose ALL TERMS, you will automatically be included in the four month payment plan in future terms provided you're enrolled in classes prior to the publication of the first E-Bill for the term. Butler University does not offer a payment plan for the summer term.
Click Submit My Application. An email will be sent to your Butler University e-mail account to acknowledge your enrollment in the plan. A copy of the Terms & Conditions is included in the e-mail.