If you are in immediate danger, call 911 or 317-940-9999 (BUPD emergency line) as soon as possible.
Sexual misconduct is prohibited at Butler University. Our approach to responding to sexual misconduct in our community is informed by our mission, vision, and values, and governed by federal law, including Title IX.
Two policies guide the University’s response to sexual misconduct: The Butler University Sexual Misconduct Policy and The Butler University Non-Discrimination Policy. Below, you will find each policy in full, as well as documents that summarize key points or processes contained in the policies.
For information related to both policies, please see the following:
- University Policy Summary
- Information about Consent
- Flowchart: Options for Disclosing Sexual Misconduct
- University Response to Reports of Sexual Misconduct
- Training for Title IX Personnel
The Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Full Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Flowchart: The Administrative Investigation and Adjudication Process under the Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Complainant and Respondent Rights under the Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Rules of Decorum for Hearings under the Sexual Misconduct Policy
The Non-Discrimination Policy
- Full Non-Discrimination Policy
- Flowchart: The Administrative Investigation and Adjudication Process under the Non-Discrimination Policy
- Complainant and Respondent Rights under the Non-Discrimination Policy
- Rules of Decorum for Hearings under the Non-Discrimination Policy