Resident Assistant Application
- Applicants must be full time Butler students, enrolled in at least 12, but not more than 18, credit hours for fall 2018.
- If you are planning to Study Abroad in Spring 2018, please contact email@example.com after you fill out the application to set up an interview time.
- Should you be selected for the positon, it is required to be available from 9:00pm - 11:00pm on Tuesdays in both the Fall and Spring semester.
- Completed applications are to be submitted by 5pm on Friday, January 19, 2018.
- Reference forms are to be submitted by 5pm on Friday, January 19, 2018 (allow time for your references to complete the forms).
- Candidates will have one 45 minute interview scheduled during February 1—6, 2018. Keep these dates flexible and available so that an interview can be scheduled. You will receive additional information on the interview in January. You MUST bring a copy of an updated resume to your interview in order to be considered for the position.
- Decision letters will be sent out around February 21.
- The acceptance deadline for those offered an RA position will be March 7.
Consider attending one of the interest sessions listed below. Although not required, the interest session is a great opportunity to hear from current RAs and get your questions answered about this position. You are welcome to attend any of the sessions, but all three are meant to be identical.
Monday, November 13 at 7:00 PM in PB 150
- Wednesday, December 6 at 7:30 PM in PB 150
- Wednesday, January 17 at 8:00 PM in PB 150
You must read and agree to the items outlined in the position description. In order to view the RA Position Description, you must log into your Butler Google Account. Please note: This link will ask you to sign into your Butler Google Apps account. To sign in, use your Butler email address and Butler password. You will need to sign out of your personal Google account (if applicable) in order to sign into your Butler account. All students have a Butler Google Apps account to make sharing and online collaboration easier. Butler IT can provide more information about Google at Butler.
The RA Application is submitted through a Google form. In order to access this form, you must log in with your Butler Google Account.
You will need to provide your references with the appropriate reference form link (direct them to this page for the links below). It is important that you give your references ample time to complete the form. The reference deadline is the same as the application deadline, 5pm on January 19, 2017. At least one of your professional references must be from Butler. Residence Life central staff members cannot serve as a reference. Your peer reference must be from a current Butler student.
Butler Professional Reference and/or your Current RA Reference (will require Butler Google Account login)
Peer Reference (will require Butler Google Account login)
Questions or Problems
If you have any questions about the application or problems completing the form, please contact Jill Jungemann, Residence Life Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-940-9895.