- History, Mission & Goals
- Admission Information
- Academic Phase
- Clinical Phase
- Program Statistics
- Cost & Financial Information
- PA Technology Requirements
- Student Resources
- PA Student Groups
- Faculty & Staff
- PA Student Handbook, Policies, and Procedures
- Alumni Resources
- PA Alumni Connection—2018
- PA Alumni Connection—Winter 2017
- PA Alumni Connection—Summer 2017
- PA Alumni Connection—April 2017
- PA Alumni Connection—December 2016
- PA Alumni Connection—July 2016
- PA Alumni Connection—February 2016
PA Technology Requirements 2018-2019
In order to be successful in the PA Program, all students are required to have a mobile computing device throughout the Program. Students will be able to choose and purchase a device from any manufacturer that meets their learning needs, as long as it meets the minimum requirements outlined below. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that he/she has a functioning device in all classes at all times, with no exceptions.
It is highly recommended that the student purchase a hardware warranty to match the length of the PA Program to cover any unforeseen hardware repair needs.
Two Technology Options:
Option 1: laptop (Mac or PC)
Option 2: Windows dedicated tablet:
A dedicated tablet is a standalone device that requires an external keyboard/touch pad/mouse and may or may not have onboard ports. Some devices have external docks/sleeves that provide the device with additional ports and battery life.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
|Specifications||Windows (PC)||Macintosh (Mac)|
|Processor||2 GHz Dual Core or better||2.4 GHz Duo or better|
|Memory (RAM)||4 GB or more||4 GB or more|
|Storage||250 GB or more||250 GB or more|
|Wireless||802.11 b/g/n/ac||802.11 b/g/n/ac|
|Network Adapter:||Ethernet 10/100||Ethernet 10/100|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, or 10||OS 10.10 minimum|
|Backup Storage:||500 GB||500 GB|
Butler Technological discounts:
- Butler offers hardware discounts on purchases through Apple, Dell, and HP (https://www.butler.edu/it/hardware-devices).
- Various software discounts are available as well (https://www.butler.edu/it/software/university-owned).
Devices That Are Not Acceptable:
- Dedicated Tablets running Windows RT or Android operating system
- iPad (as primary device)
For questions contact the IT Help Desk.