PA Alumni Connection—Summer 2018
- Suzanne Foland Silva ’09
- Faculty Promotion: Dan Sturm
- 2018 PI Alpha Inductees
- Ambassadors Host Prospective Students
- Recently Published PA Faculty, Students, and Alumni
- Volunteers Needed for Interview Days
- Promote Your Alma Mater
- Alumni Profile: Roberta Patterson ’05
- PA Partners in Success
- Challenge Bowl
- Medical Director: Mike Pauszek
- Faculty Highlight: Kate Kaiser
- Preceptor Profile: Ian Johnston, MD
- Selective Internal Admission Pathway
- Need to Know
Promote Your Alma Mater
As alumni, you can help promote the PA profession and Butler University’s PA Program. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Continue to provide high-level care to your patients. Many prospective students emphasize the reason they are interested in becoming a PA is due to the care they or a family member received from a PA in the past.
- Allow interested students to shadow you. Shadowing offers a great opportunity for those interested to observe the daily functions of a PA and to discern if this is a profession they would like to pursue.
- Share about your experiences at Butler University with prospective students and how your education prepared you for a career as a PA. Let prospective students know about your coursework, faculty interactions, classmates, and rotation experiences.
- Encourage high school students to visit campus to learn more about what Butler University as a whole has to offer. The Office of Admission offers many informative daily visits and prospective student visit events throughout the year. There are even special Explore Pharmacy & Health Sciences visits offered every Tuesday and Thursday. They can easily schedule a visit to campus.
- Share with those interested in the profession about the Selective Internal (Butler alumni or current students) and Standard (degree earned at another institution) Admission Pathways. Additional admission information is available on the PA Program website or by emailing PAadmission@butler.edu. Encourage them to schedule a time to visit campus to learn more about the Butler University PA Program.