PA Alumni Connection—Winter 2017
Need to Know
Precepting is a way of:
- Participating in the training of future physician assistants
- Giving back to the PA profession
- Supporting the Butler University PA Program
- Keeping abreast of current medications and treatment guidelines
- Attaining personal satisfaction and professional growth as a healthcare professional
Throughout the year, we value the assistance of alumni in a variety of areas. If you are interested in assisting the program, please contact PAprogram@butler.edu. Below are a few examples of how alumni can volunteer their time.
- Serve as a standardized patient
- Assist in procedures labs
- Interview prospective students
- Assist in evaluation of PA student skills in a course and/or Summative Exam
- Become a preceptor (see detailed information above)
We love to keep in touch with our alumni. Please help us keep you current on what is new in our program by sharing the following information with us at PAprogram@butler.edu.
Your Name (maiden & married)
Preferred Phone Number
Your News (professional and personal)
To Donate Online
Go to butler.edu/gifts and click on "Give to Butler." Fill in the form using "Select one or more designation(s)," and then select "Support a different area." Importantly, in the Notes section, indicate that your gift is for the "PA Program Gift Fund."
To Donate By Check
Mark your check payable to Butler University, indicating in the memo line that the gift is for "PA Program Gift Fund."
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Do you know a current college student who is interested in pursuing a career as a PA? If they would like more information regarding the Butler University PA Program and admission requirements, please direct them to our website or have them email our Admission Coordinator at PAadmission@butler.edu.