- History, Mission & Goals
- Admission Information
- Academic Phase
- Clinical Phase
- Program Statistics
- Cost & Financial Information
- PA Technology Requirements
- Student Resources
- PA Student Groups
- Faculty & Staff
- PA Student Handbook, Policies, and Procedures
- Alumni Resources
- PA Alumni Connection—2018
- PA Alumni Connection—Winter 2017
- PA Alumni Connection—Summer 2017
- PA Alumni Connection—April 2017
- PA Alumni Connection—December 2016
- PA Alumni Connection—July 2016
- PA Alumni Connection—February 2016
Cost & Financial Information
Tuition and Fees (Accreditation standard A3.14f)
The tuition for the PA (MPAS) Program is $43,610/year. This amount is divided between the trimesters and is independent of credit hours. Billed Summer 10% ($4,362), Fall 45% ($19,624), and Spring 45% ($19,624).
AP curriculum is $620/credit clinical hour.
Full cost of attendance budgets may be found on the Office of Financial Aid Website.
For financial aid purposes, federal regulations establish the maximum time frame for completion of the Program, please see the financial aid website for information.
On notification of acceptance to the MPAS Program, prospective PA students are required to pay a non-refundable program deposit of $1,000. For those who matriculate, the program deposit is applied to the cost of tuition.
- Criminal background check: $40
- Each student is required to submit a nonrefundable fee for a criminal background check during orientation and prior to rotations.
- Drug screen: $32
- Physical Exam to enter into Program: estimated $150
- Medical Clearance Form processing fee (Health Services): estimated $30
- CPR/ BLS certification costs $30
- Antibody Titers: MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and 2 step TB: estimated $250
- Required re-vaccination are at the student's expense
- Technology fee: $350
- Laptop: $500 - 700
- Medical equipment: estimated $1,000
- Procedures Lab Fees: $75
- Textbooks: $600.00/semester didactic; estimated $50-100 per rotation specialty
- Scrubs and professional clothes: estimated $100-400
- Students must be prepared to cover all transportation and living expenses while enrolled.
- Room and Board: estimated $15,000 / year
- Travel: estimated with the following assumptions: average round trip is 40 miles and a car that averages 23 miles to the gallon at $2.50 gas / gallon = $765 per year for gas
- Parking while on rotation: $20-40 per month
- On campus car registration didactic year: estimated $185
- Parking while on rotation: $30 for a parking garage permit and 30 validation tickets
- Air travel if participating in distant rotations (if applicable):* $200-600 per airplane ticket
- International Rotation - Insurance, Fees, etc. (if applicable): $250 plus cost of experience and travel
* A review of the student's financial aid packet can be done to increase a student’s transportation budget amount based on the location of the rotations. Students interested in a review should email the Office of Financial Aid the location of the rotation and mileage from Butler University to rotation site. Please submit summer rotation information by April 15 of the didactic year and before application for any additional loans to ensure that the increased amount is included.
All tuition and special course fee refunds are based on the date of official drop, withdrawal, or disenrollment as per Butler University policy. Please see the Butler University Office of Student Accounts.
Financial Aid Questions?
Please contact the Butler University Office of Financial Aid at 317-940-8200 or 877-940-8200. Be sure to specify that your questions are concerning the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences PA Program. You may also wish to visit the Financial Aid Website.