PA Alumni Connection—December 2016
- PA Alumni, Preceptors, and Current Students Assist with Interviews
- Kelly Kyle Kidd ’16 Plays for National US Deaf Volleyball Team
- Megan McCambridge ’18 Balances Golf and PA School
- PA Students Participate in Flu Clinic
- Preceptor Highlight—Dr. Jason Cooper, MD
- Faculty Highlight—Jennifer Zorn
- Staff Highlight—Missy Parsons-Horton
- Preceptor Highlight—Austin Slayter, PA-C
- PA Faculty, Students, and Alumni Publications
PA Alumni Connection
Issue 3—December 2016
As we complete the final week of the fall 2016 semester, PA students will definitely be ready to head home for a well-deserved break with family and friends. We will all welcome the change of pace the holiday break brings.
This fall we have increased our class size to 75 students in the experiential year to match the 75 students in the didactic year. Countless alumni have served as mentors or worked with our students as preceptors. Alumni continue to positively impact our students—and we cannot thank you enough.
Here is a quick snapshot of a few PA Program highlights over the past few months:
- We prepared for and successfully completed a planned site visit by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant in September.
- Ten Butler University faculty participated in the PAEA Education Forum in Minneapolis in October.
- More than 50 volunteers interviewed over 140 candidates for admission to our program in October.
- Dedicated alumni and friends donated 41 white coats to MPAS-1 students for our White Coat Ceremony in November.
- The Butler University PA students won the 3rd annual Indiana Academy of PAs Challenge Bowl in November—make that three wins in a row!
- MPAS-1 students educated over 300 third and fourth grade elementary students on how the body works and how to keep healthy by participating in Physiology Understanding Week 2016 in November.
Yes, we have been busy! Thank you for your continued support this year and best wishes, as we bring this semester to a successful close.