Physical fitness is achieved by choosing to live a lifestyle that leads to the development of improved levels of cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, and flexibility as well as achievement and maintenance of healthy body weight. Our personal training service strives to serve Butler University and the surrounding community by meeting the needs of our clients.
Our trainers will help you reach your goals with a personalized program that may include:
- Functional Training—Consists of dynamic movements that help you to complete everyday tasks while improving your level of fitness.
- Balance and Core Training—Decrease the risk of injury by improving your coordination and posture through training the abdominal region and the lower back muscles.
- Finding Time for Fitness—We'll design a challenging and time-efficient program that meets your fitness goals and fits into your busy schedule.
- Sport-Specific Training—Our trainers can help you improve your sports performance whether you want to improve your running time or your golf driving distance.
- Traditional Training—Are you looking to increase strength, muscle mass, or tone up? Traditional training incorporates free weights, selectorized equipment, and more that are specific to a program that will help you reach your fitness goals.
Due to liability and safety reasons personal trainers not employed through Butler University's Department of Recreation are prohibited from conducting personal training in the HRC. There are no exceptions.
Interested in becoming an HRC Personal Trainer?
Find out more about our Fall 2017 In-House Personal Trainer Certification!
- Student Rate: $15
- Member Rate: $20
- Employee Member Rate:** Free (once/year + $25 incentive)
- Non-member Rate: $27
- Employee Non-member Rate:** Free (once/year + $25 incentive)
60-Minute Private Training Session
- Student Rate: $20
- Member Rate: $30
- Non-member Rate: $40
- Employee Member Rate: **$20
- Employee Non-member Rate:** $30
*Your fitness assessment will be conducted as your first session if you purchase personal training sessions.
Notice: Prospective clients must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for the personal training service. All training sessions must be used within six months of date of purchase.
Print or download the Registration packet (link below) and return the completed document to the Chera Justice, Fitness Coordinator at the HRC either via email or hard copy. The Registration Packet can also be found at the front desk at the HRC.
Based on the responses of the Registration Packet, you may be also asked to complete a Medical Release form (link below). Chera Justice will notify you once the Registration Packet is complete and turned in, whether you will need to complete the Medical Release document.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Chera Justice, Fitness Coordinator, at 317-940-6121.
*Once you submit your registration packet, it may take up to a week to process your paperwork and pair you with the trainer that will fit your goals and needs.
(Please complete Medical Release Form only if instructed by the Fitness Coordinator.)
Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to session by notifying your personal trainer directly. Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are forfeited. Contact Chera Justice, Fitness Coordinator, at email@example.com or 317-940-6121 for information regarding personal training services.
Checkout the workouts our personal trainers have designed for The HRC Zone. You can complete these workouts anytime you wish.