The Butler campus is a great size for getting around by bicycle. There are nearly 100 bike racks spread out around campus for convenience. Bringing your own bike is highly encouraged. Register your bike for free with the Butler University Police Department for added security. The BUPD station is located at 525 W. Hampton Drive at the southeast corner of Hampton Drive and Sunset Avenue.
Simple, convenient, economical, and electric. With four campus stations and more than 100 other stations across the city, including Broad Ripple, College Ave., downtown, and the airport,
BlueIndy offers electric cars when you need one and gets you where you want to go. Butler students, faculty, and staff can now enjoy the use of BlueIndy’s convenient electric car-sharing service for a year, but without the annual membership fee.
Sign up for your free BlueIndy membership today with discount code GODAWGS at blue-indy.com/butler.
Electric scooters made an official return to the City of Indianapolis. In the interest of campus safety, BUPD would like to highlight the campus guidelines regarding electric scooters.
- Scooters are prohibited from use on campus sidewalks and are subject to traffic laws.
- Scooters must be parked in an upright position, utilizing existing campus bike rack infrastructure.
- Scooters are not to be abandoned or haphazardly left on campus, against buildings, or in grass/landscaped areas.
- Electric scooters are prohibited from being charged inside campus residence halls, academic buildings, or other campus facilities.
- Scooters are prohibited inside campus residence halls, academic buildings, or other campus facilities.
We encourage you to be familiar with Butler’s policies as well as Indianapolis’ ordinances. You can see both in Butler's Electric Scooter Policy.
IndyGo can get you there. They operate 31 bus routes throughout Indianapolis, providing nearly 10 million passenger trips a year. Along with the opening of the Julia M. Carson Transit Center in downtown Indianapolis two IndyGo routes (18 & 28) were modified to serve the Butler Campus directly with convenient stops along Sunset Avenue.
IndyGo S-passes (1 month) are available In the PuLSE office for $30
Use Google Maps to plan your trip with the IndyGo trip-planner.
IndyGo now has Real-time arrival information.
Visit indygo.net for more information.
Butler has partnered with Uber, an on-demand private driving app, to offer a safe, alternative transportation option to and from campus. New users to Uber can use promo code BUTLER101 to receive $20 off their first ride. Need information on how to use Uber? It's simple:
- Use the iPhone or Android app, or visit m.uber.com to request a ride.
- Sit back and relax. Uber will text you when the vehicle arrives.
- When your trip ends, Uber will auto-charge your credit card and email you a receipt.
- Share the fare! Fare split rides with friends for an even more cost-effective way to get around!