As we prioritize the health and safety of our students, we have decided to suspend the Pre-Orientation programs this year and look forward to meeting all our first-year students in August. Students will have the opportunity to explore these programming topics throughout their first semester.
For questions and concerns, please contact the Office of New Student and Family Programs at 317-940-9262 during office hours of 9:00 AM–5:00 PM EST, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ambassadors of Change is a week-long program that focuses on service and leadership. Participants will engage in daily service projects, discuss social issues with classmates and community members, and work on small group projects. Fun evening activities round out each day, providing plenty of opportunities to get to know classmates and the city of Indianapolis!
What past participants have said:
- "I loved every moment of AOC. My most favorite experience was when all of us went to the Paramount School. It was really eye-opening and impactful to watch everyone working together as a team."
- "My most meaningful moment of this program was helping at Gleaners which greatly increased their productivity for the day by sorting 7,000+ pounds of food that would have taken longer without AOC’s help. Also, helping the lone employee of Indy Urban Acres was very meaningful because the work we did wouldn’t have been completed in a day with just the one employee."
- "AOC taught me not only how to get involved in the community, but also how to step up as a leader and do what needs to be done. It taught me how to be more open about who I am and my experiences which I can definitely use in the future as a way help others and even become more of a leader and an active citizen."
Your new city, Indianapolis, recently appeared alongside Copenhagen and Melbourne on Metropolis magazine’s list of nine global cities to watch. Yet, this exciting, growing town is incredibly accessible! Let us show you the way to places, people and ideas that can profoundly impact your college years and inspire your professional future. Meet young alumni and seasoned leaders who work in sectors and organizations that define and are connected to Indianapolis’ vibrant downtown. Begin to envision where your personal passions and academic interests can be put into action on campus, in the city, and beyond--all while building your valuable academic and career network before you even step into your first class at Butler!
Welcome to Sports Town! explores how large sporting events like the Indianapolis 500, NCAA Final Four®, and the Super Bowl are coordinated. By tapping into our vast Butler network, our goal is to explore many aspects of preparing for center stage, world-class events. We will be meeting with key members of sports associations and related organizations, visiting venues, and considering the impact of the sports industry on the region. Welcome to Sports Town is a three-day program and includes 4–5 returning participants who serve as sophomore-level mentors.
What past participants have said:
- "I want to thank you for helping to make my transition to college easy and fun. I am now at ease. I feel as though I have a great group of friends and I am one step ahead of the game."
- "Participation opened my eyes to a career I had never imagined but now I know it encompasses many of my strengths and passions."
- "I already feel at home because of the early days. I know my campus, I know some faculty, I know my city and I made friends!"