University Assessment Committee
Established by the Office of the Provost, the University Assessment Committee (UAC) fosters a university-wide culture of continuous improvement in both academic and administrative areas. The primary charge of the UAC is to ensure ongoing assessment systems at Butler that apply effective practices to improve student learning and development, and university services and operations. To that end, the UAC provides guidance for, and oversight of, University-wide assessment policies while monitoring the effectiveness of the overall assessment system. Committee membership reflects the institutional scope of assessment activities and the diversity of assessment approaches across campus. The Committee is divided into academic and administrative subcommittees that allow for more focused attention to the improvement of student learning and university services and operations. Specifically, the full UAC is responsible for:
- Reviewing assessment information and trends aggregated from multiple sources and providing recommendations to inform the University’s decision making and strategic planning initiatives.
- Recommending and approving changes or modifications to university assessment systems.
- Monitoring annual assessment reporting for all academic programs and administrative units in collaboration with the Faculty Director of Assessment and Accreditation and the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment.
- Monitoring and assisting with university-level accreditation efforts and comprehensive reviews.
- Providing periodic reviews of annual assessment reports from academic and administrative units and assisting with providing feedback to the reporting units in collaboration with the Faculty Director of Assessment and Accreditation.
- Communicating with University constituents and leadership across campus about assessment policies and activities as appropriate.
- Monitoring the process for the University Award for Excellence in Assessment in collaboration with the Faculty Director of Assessment and Accreditation and the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
The academic subcommittee is comprised of associate deans from each of the six Butler colleges and schools, the faculty director of the Core curriculum, one representative from Butler libraries, the director of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment, and key assessment personnel representing professionally accredited programs. The administrative subcommittee is comprised of selected directors and key assessment personnel from a cross-section of administrative divisions and offices. The faculty director of assessment and accreditation chairs the UAC and its subcommittees and serves in a non-voting, ex-officio capacity.
- Nick Abel, Assistant Professor, College of Education
- Bonnie Brown, Associate Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Hilary Buttrick, Associate Professor of Business Law
- Deb Corpus, Interim Associate Dean, College of Education
- Amia Foston, Director, Office of Institutional Research & Assessment
- Mary Hinds, Senior, Instructional Designer, Academic Program Development and Innovation
- James McGrath, Professor of Religion, Faculty Director of the Core Curriculum
- LuAnne McNulty, Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Wendy Meaden, Associate Dean, Jordan College of the Arts
- Sally Neal, Associate Dean for Instruction & User Services
- Darin Ramsey, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, and College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Director of Assessment
- Suzanne Reading, Associate Dean, College of Communication
- Joe Ader, Senior Director, Information Technology
- Gary Beaulieu, Director, Career Planning and Development
- Amia Foston, Director, Office of Institutional Research & Assessment|
- Katie Gigerich, Associate Director of Admission for Operations
- John Lacheta, University Operations
- DJ Menifee, Director of Admission, Office of Enrollment Management
- Leslie Middleton, Associate Director, Financial Aid
- Josh Petrusa, Associate Dean, Libraries
- Courtney Rousseau, Career Advisor, Internship and Career Services
- Molly Sullivan, Associate Director of Athletics
- Kulyn VanMeter, Marketing Operations Specialist
- Susan Westermeyer, Controller
- Bridget Yuhas, Director of Student Affairs Assessment and Planning