Butler University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Contact information for Higher Learning Commission:
- 30, N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602
- Higher Learning Commission website
In accordance with state law (Indiana Code 21-7-13-6), Butler University is authorized to operate in the State of Indiana.
- Programs in the Lacy School of Business are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Programs in the College of Education are accredited by these associations:
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Indiana Department of Education (IDOE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Programs in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences are accredited by these associations:
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
Butler University is a fully accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD), the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), and the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
Some Programs in the Department of Chemistry are accredited by the ACS, the American Chemical Society.