Student Orientation Guides
Student Orientation Guide (SOG) Applications are now closed for Orientation 2021!
- Have a passion for building community at Butler?
- Want to make a difference in the lives of new students?
Apply to be a Student Orientation Guide (SOG)!
- Students who have never served as a SOG before, are asked to complete the New SOG application.
- Students who have previously served as a SOG should complete the returning SOG application.
SOGs are student leaders who are selected to lead a group of incoming and transfer students throughout Orientation and their first year on campus. These student leaders serve as mentors and role models to new students, facilitate group discussions and presentations, and are an invaluable part of the Orientation team.
New Student Orientation Guides
- Step 1: Complete the new Student Orientation Guide Application. Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
- Step 2: Particpate in the first round of interviews, scheduled for February 15 - 17, 2021.
- Step 3: Following the first round of interviews, students invited to the second round of interviews will participate in individual interviews scheduled for February 25 - 27, 2021.
Returning Student Orientation Guides
- Step 1: Complete the Returning Student Orientation Guide Application. Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Please email email@example.com or call 317-940-8648.
A Student Orientation Guide (SOG) Group is the group of new or transfer students that will navigate Orientation programs with you before the start of classes and serve as a support for you throughout your first year at Butler.
Student Orientation Coordinators (SOCs) are student leaders who have previously served as a Student Orientation Guide and are now helping plan Orientation! SOCs are responsible for leading a team of over 160 Student Orientation Guides, planning late night events, and assiting with the overall logistics of Orientation. Student Orientation Coordinators work with New Student and Family Programs staff from January to October to ensure that Orientation is a success!