Student Orientation Guides
Student Orientation Guide (SOG) Applications will open again in late Fall 2020!
- Have a passion for building the Butler community?
- Want to make a difference in the lives of new students?
Apply to be a Student Orientation Guide (SOG)! Applications will open in late Fall.
- Students who are applying to be a new SOG are asked to complete this application.
- Students who have previously served as a SOG should complete this returning SOG application.
SOGs are student leaders who are selected to lead a group of incoming and transfer students throughout Orientation and their first year on campus. These student leaders serve as mentors and role models to new students, facilitate group discussions and presentations, and are an invaluable part of the Orientation team.
New Student Orientation Guides
- Step 1: Complete the Student Orientation Guide Application. Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 17, 2020.
- Step 2: Particpate in the first round of interviews, scheduled for January 23–25. Students who apply will have access to sign up beginning at 12:00 PM on Sunday, January 19, 2020.
- Step 3: Following the first round of interviews, students invited to the second round of interviews will participate in interviews scheduled for February 4, 7, and 8, 2020.
Returning Student Orientation Guides
- Step 1: Complete the Returning Student Orientation Guide Application. Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 17, 2020.
- Step 2: Participate in Returning SOG interviews, scheduled for February 4, 7, and 8, 2020.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-940-9263.
A Student Orientation Guide (SOG) Group is the group of students who you will experience Orientation alongside.
Student Orientation Coordinators (SOCs) are student leaders who have previously served as a Student Orientation Guide and are now helping plan Orientation! SOCs are responsible for leading a team of over 160 Student Orientation Guides, planning late night events, and assiting with the overall logistics of Welcome Week. Student Orientation Coordinators work with New Student and Family Programs staff from January to October to ensure that Orientation is a success!