School of Music
Why pursue a Master’s degree at the Butler University School of Music?
- Variety of degree options, including degree-seeking and non-degree seeking programs. See full list below.
- Personalized instruction and mentorship from world-renowned faculty.
- Prime location in the musically and culturally vibrant community of Indianapolis.
- Competitive tuition rates and ample opportunities for Graduate Assistantships/Tuition Waivers.
- Professional teaching opportunities at the Butler Community Arts School (BCAS).
- Top-notch performance facilities, including Clowes Memorial Hall, Schrott Center for the Arts, and Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall.
- Network of successful alumni. Graduates have gone on to prestigious employers such as the Los Angeles Opera, Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra, Princeton University, and University of Wisconsin, to name a few. Many graduates also pursue additional study at top PhD and DMA programs such as the Jacob’s School of Music at Indiana University, Eastman School of Music, Rice University, University of Southern California, and more.
Master of Music (MM) in:
- Conducting, Choral Track
- Conducting, Instrumental Track
- Music Education, non-thesis option
- Music Education, thesis option
- Piano Pedagogy
- Master of Music Degree with a Double Major