Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Modern Language Center
- Multilingual Major
- Language Internships
- Independent Study in Language
- Phi Sigma Iota
- Transferring Language Credits
- Study Abroad
- Language Req (CCOM, Int’l Bus, LAS)
- Placement Exam Request Form
- Placement Credits
- Placement Credits Request Form
- Departmental Honors
- Senior Keystone
- Faculty and Staff
Placement credits are a great way to free up hours in your Butler career, allowing you to combine other majors and/or minors with your Modern Languages degree or take general electives you’re eager to experience.
For BLPC, you can request these 200-level elective credits after completing, each with a "C-" or better, two 300-level Butler courses in the same language.
How it works:
- Begin in 203: you’ll be eligible for three 200-level elective BLPC
- Begin in 204: you’ll be eligible for six 200-level elective BLPC
- Begin in 300-level Skills: you’ll be eligible for nine 200-level elective BLPC
When will I receive the Butler Language Placement Credits?
To request BLPC, please complete the two 300-level courses, then fill out the online form.