Comments from LC100 Students
- “LC100 showed me how to develop better habits that made me more confident and more relaxed with my classes.”
- “Enrolling in LC100 really helps you to believe in yourself and sets you up for success. I recommend it if you would like to learn study skills and ways to manage your time.”
- “I would recommend this course because it helps not just with academics but with your personal life.”
- “The text was very useful and provided great insight and examples of success strategies.”
- “I learned how to be more self-aware... Overall this course is excellent.”
- “Anyone who is struggling in any way academically should definitely take this course to get back on track.”
LC100— Strategies for Success
LC100 is a pass/fail, 1-credit hour course that is open to all Butler students. The course is designed to offer strategies and techniques that will enhance and promote academic success at the college level. It centers on proven practices for creating greater academic, professional, and personal success through in-class activities, peer support, readings, formalized assessment, and journal assignments.
By enrolling in Strategies for Success, you will learn how to:
- Achieve greater academic success through proven study strategies
(including essential skills such as reading, note taking, organizing, test taking, and writing).
- Take charge of your time and your life.
- Develop a study plan.
- Increase self-motivation and goal setting.
- Improve personal self-management.
- Enhance interpersonal and supportive relationships.
- Heighten self-awareness.
- Maximize learning.
- Develop critical thinking and decision-making skills.