Lacy School Student Resources
Assessments such as the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality assessment, Focus 2, Strong Interest Inventory, StrengthFinders, and others help you learn more about yourself and offer insight in choosing a major or career path. Contact your career mentor for more information.
- Handshake: Handshake is Butler’s career management tool that connects students and alumni with employers through online job and internship postings, on-campus interviews, career events, and more. Students can access career resources, connect with their mentor, and apply for positions.
- O*NET: Explore different occupations and find out detailed information including the job outlook, typical work tasks, required skills and abilities, education required, and typical wages.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Find useful information about positions of interest including the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, typical work tasks, and working conditions.
- Mergent Intellect: Mergent Intellect provides access to private and public U.S and international business data, industry news, facts and figures, executive contact information, the ability to access industry profiles and much more.
- For more resources, visit the Internship & Career Services student resources page.
Dawgs to Dawgs Business Mentoring Program
Dawgs to Dawgs is a group of volunteer LSB seniors who share their knowledge, experience, and ideas with their peers. They advise underclassmen on personal and professional topics such as internships, job applications and interviews, study abroad, and time management. Students are directed to the Dawgs to Dawgs LinkedIn page to search for current mentors who have similar interests or aspirant experiences and are advised to schedule meetings with peer-mentors via LinkedIn messaging or email. Meetings may take place virtually or face-to-face.