Leadership London is a seminar-style, site-based course taught in London, England. London's resources, institutions, and history are used as the backdrop for exploring the cultural, historical, and ethical issues relevant to leadership. Every afternoon, students visit a site in London related to the following morning's class discussion.
This course uses stories from classical literature, essays about historical figures, descriptions of current organizational challenges, and on-site visits to London's historic sites and resources:
- To teach students contemporary leadership theories.
- To have students articulate their views of leaders and leadership.
- To have students challenge and defend each others' views of leaders and leadership.
- To have students understand the conditions and experiences by which famous leaders acquired and developed their leadership potential.
- To understand the role that personal character and choice play in the development of leaders.