Andre B. Lacy School of Business
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Career Development
- Butler Executive Education
- Dean's Advisory Council
- Lacy School Advisory Boards
- Corporate Partners
- Support the Lacy School
- Butler’s Old National Bank Center for Business Excellence
- Central Indiana Small Business Development Center
- BIGS Venture Philanthropy
- Faculty & Staff
Lacy School Career Development
We're here to support all students and alumni.
During this time of unknowns, constant changes, and challenges regarding the COVID-19 virus, we want students to know our team is here as a resource to help you navigate your unique situation and provide assistance and encouragement. Current students may contact their career mentor directly or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Career and Professional Success (CaPS) offers career services to alumni for a lifetime and can be contacted at email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out! We are here for you.
Building Careers a Semester at a Time.
As a business student, you have an incredible support system behind you. You’ll receive support from your academic advisor, the entire career development staff (including a personal executive career mentor), and the Butler alumni network.
Throughout your four years, you will follow the Butler Blueprint—our career readiness program designed to help you learn about yourself, develop your strengths, and give you mentoring opportunities and experiences that set you apart from your competition.
- Heavy focus on self-discovery.
- You'll complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- You'll attend alumni panels and career events.
- Focuses on career exploration and professional networking through a variety of workshops and more career events.
- Students work with their career mentor to develop their resume and identify their skills, interests, values, and accomplishments.
- Focuses on internship and job search skills.
- You'll develop a personal internship and job search strategy, prepare for interviews, and broaden your network.
- You'll learn about personal financial management, how to evaluate job offers, and develop career success strategies.