JCA EVENT SCHEDULING
To schedule an event in Lilly Hall or the Eidson-Duckwall Recital hall, you must reserve the date using the online event scheduling system at least four weeks prior to any performance or master class and one week prior to any meeting or rehearsal. If the event is being planned by a student organization, then that group must request the hall through the PuLSE Office request form.
When scheduling events other than required recitals, rehearsals, or area meetings, students and faculty must ensure that they have the full support of their department chair. Should the user(s) not have the approval of their respective department, rental fees may be assessed by the Office of University Events.
All classrooms must be returned to classroom order following all events, meetings, or rehearsals. In LH110 this means tables and chairs set up in three rows; in LH133, 141, 145, 120, 044, or 124, this means all chairs set up in even rows facing the front of the classroom. Failure to reset rooms at the end of your event may result in a room set-up fee, as well as a loss of scheduling privileges.
Access to Jordan College spaces
Keys for classrooms may be checked out by students from Janice Thornburgh in the JCA main office. Keys for the EDRH may be checked out by faculty members only from Janice Thornburgh or Joy Rogers (music faculty only) for confirmed rehearsals and recitals. It is expected that faculty members will be present during all student rehearsal and performance times in the hall. Therefore, the faculty member will be responsible for picking up and returning the key, and for securing the hall at the end of the rehearsal. Keys must be returned the next business day after any event, meeting, or rehearsal. A fee of $300 will be charged for lost keys.
For Student/Faculty Recitals: Aramark has approved simple catering of cold food items by family members for a gathering of less than 100 people. Receptions may be held in either the Weedman Lobby or the Ford Salon pending availability. For events in any other space, Aramark must be contacted if there is to be food provided.
Faculty members/students will not be assessed any space rental rates for department-sponsored recitals/events other than worker, equipment rental, or space set-up fees. Should a faculty member/student wish to use a Jordan College space for an event that is not a department-sponsored performance, a space rental fee will be charged. Faculty members/students may not use their status when requesting spaces for the use of external groups.
Download the Recital Information and Checklist PDF.
Use of the recital hall is a privilege, which carries significant responsibility. JCA functions (recitals, lectures, concerts, etc.) that take place in the recital hall must have a faculty sponsor who is expected to be in attendance and who is ultimately responsible for the care and security of the hall. Following are guidelines for the use of the facility.
- All instruments, chairs, stands, and anything else that was used during a rehearsal or a performance must be returned to its appropriate place. Lights should be turned off and all doors must be secured when leaving the hall.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the recital hall at any time. Those items may be enjoyed in the Green Room, or in the Ford Salon downstairs. (Water bottles for performers are the only exception)
- All materials brought into the hall (i.e. backpacks, coats, music cases, etc.) are to be kept backstage. No materials should be placed on chairs in the hall.
- Rehearsals are closed sessions, to be attended by performers and faculty sponsors only.
- Keys for the EDRH must be checked out by faculty members only from Janice Thornburgh or Joy Rogers (music faculty only) for confirmed rehearsals and recitals; they must be returned on the following business day. A fee of $300.00 will be charged for lost keys.
- Catering for student/faculty recitals: Students are allowed to personally cater their own recitals. Otherwise, Aramark must be contracted for any food/beverage needs in the EDRH or the Ford Salon, including all non-JCA events. Performers should contact Courtney Hardy, Jr. as to whether they want to hold their reception in the Ford Salon (pending availability) or lobby area, and include this information in the online event scheduling system. Food and/or beverages are not permitted inside the performance hall at any time.
- Canceling or Postponing an Event: Should an event need to be cancelled or postponed, the performer must contact both Courtney Hardy, Jr. (317-940-9657) and Joy Rogers (317-940-9246). A fee of $50.00 will be charged if a scheduled event is not canceled at least 2 days prior to the event.