- About IT
- Getting Started
- Policies & Security
- Help Desk
Work from Anywhere
Work from Anywhere offers faculty and staff a middle ground between the power of a desktop computer and the mobility of a laptop. You can access the Butler network securely when not at your desk, whether on campus or off.
Utilizing a Windows 7 based computer housed in the Butler data center, you can access the Butler network and BUfiles from a multitude of devices. Your computing experience will be similar to the experience of using a computer that sits on your desk; however, your desktop will not carry over from your device. IT recommends storing all files on BUfiles for ease of access with Work from Anywhere.
- Mobility - Work from anywhere that has an internet connection, just like you were at your desk
- Access - Use all your data stored on BUfiles from anywhere
- Security - Your Work from Anywhere connection stays on the secured Butler network, regardless of where or how you connect
Follow the Windows or Mac device, iPad, or select Android Tablet instructions to learn how to install an app on a mobile or home device and access your BUanywhere computer anywhere you have an internet connection.
You can also access Work from Anywhere via a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox):
- Visit https://buanywhere.butler.edu
- Click on the VMware Horizon View HTML Access icon on the right
- Click on the Work from Anywhere to open a virtual desktop in your web browser window
Note: Image quality is lower when accessing via a web browser. For higher image quality, use a zero client or the app mentioned above to access Work from Anywhere.