- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Knowledge Base
- IT Service Catalog
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
Securing Mobile Devices
IT recommends the following best practices to ensure the security of your mobile devices:
- Do not leave mobile devices unattended when not in use (e.g., in your car, lounge, or study area). When not in use, store them in a secure location.
- Password protect your mobile devices and enable the auto-lockout feature. The password protect feature blocks access to your device until your password is entered. Use the strongest password your device supports.
- Enable remote tracking features for your mobile device. Your remote tracking software likely supports advanced features like remote wipe and remote lockout.
- Do not circumvent security features or jailbreak your mobile device.
- Wipe or securely delete data before you turn in or recycle your mobile device.
- Lost, stolen, or misplaced mobile devices should be immediately reported to BUPD. If you have enabled remote tracking, there is a better chance that your mobile device can be returned to you.