- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Knowledge Base
- IT Service Catalog
- Wireless/Wired - Get Connected
- Labs, Classrooms, & Mediated Spaces
- Free Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Getting Started With Office 2016
- University Managed Software and Personal Software Discounts
- Computer Rebuilds for Students
- Qualtrics Survey Tool
- Web Publishing
- ChemDraw and ChemBio 3D Ultra
- Cable TV
- File Storage and Sharing
- Online Training
- Training & Workshops
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
Getting Started With Office 2016
Office 2016 is the latest version of Microsoft Office for Windows. Office 2016 provides some new features that can help improve ease of use and productivity.
If you wish to purchase Office 2016 for a personal computer, please visit our Home Use software page.
The following resources are helpful for anyone new to Office 2016.
What's New in...
Office 2016 Availability (Faculty & Staff Windows Users Only)
Over the course of the next year or so, IT will be gradually implementing Office 2016 as the standard on all Butler-owned Windows devices.
- February 2016 - Available to faculty and staff for self-installation (see instructions below)
- October 2016 - Standard Office suite on all new and re-imaged faculty and staff computers
- August 2017 - Standard Office suite on all Windows computers in labs and classrooms
- October 2017 - All Windows computers required to run Office 2016
Note: If you’re an OnBase user and you use the Outlook add-in for Onbase, please see this page for more details on the plug-in compatible with Office 2016.
Get Office 2016 (Faculty & Staff Windows Users Only)
Follow the steps below from on campus to install Office 2016. The install could take up to 45 minutes so please plan accordingly. To save time, connect to a wired network port.
- Make sure you save your progress on any programs or files you have open and then close them. Your computer will have to restart, so you don't want to lose anything you're working on.
- Click on the Start (Windows) button on your desktop.
- In the "Search programs and files" field that appears below your list of programs, type "Software Center" and hit Enter.
- In the window that appears, you should see Microsoft Office - Upgrade to Office 2016 in the list of options.
- Click on the box to the left of the item, and then click the "Install Selected" button.
- The installation will begin. Your computer will need to restart in order for the installation to complete.
- That's it! Start using Office 2016.