New Employee Quick Start
First Things First
- Password: Log in to password.butler.edu with your Butler email address and temporary password (the first 8 numbers of your 9-digit employee ID number). Add an alternate email and cell phone number in case you forget your password in the future. Change your password adhering to the guidelines provided. Never share your password with anyone! Detailed instructions can be found here.
- Email: Check your Butler email at outlook.com/butler.edu, and if you'd like, set up Butler email on your mobile device.
- Voicemail: Set up your voicemail (if applicable).
- My.Butler: Log in to my.butler.edu and take a look around. This is where you'll view your paycheck, clock in, request time off, and update your personal contact information.
- Moodle and Canvas: Visit moodle.butler.edu and canvas.butler.edu and take a look around. Moodle and Canvas are Butler's learning management systems (Moodle is being phased out in 2020).
- Printing: Learn more about our PrintSmart program, including how to print confidential documents using Follow Me printing. Your department will be charged for what you print.
- Connect: Connect your smartphone or other electronic devices to the Butler wireless network.
- Computer Loan: Learn more about the Butler Computer Loan program.
- BUanywhere: Work remotely by accessing a Butler computer from off-campus.
- Knowledge Base: Check out our growing knowledge base for answers to common questions at ask.butler.edu. You can also request assistance via an online case or chat with a technician.
- File Sharing, Storage, and Collaboration (Google Apps, BUfiles, etc.)
- Hardware Discounts (Apple, Dell and HP)
- Software Discounts (Free Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud for personal use)
- Zoom (video conferencing)
- Campus Phones - dial 7 to get an outside line.
- Safe Computing and Phishing
- Computer Use Policy
The Information Technology Help Desk provides technology assistance and related services to faculty and staff. Visit www.butler.edu/it/help for more information.