- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Knowledge Base
- IT Service Catalog
- Wireless/Wired - Get Connected
- Labs, Classrooms, & Mediated Spaces
- Cable TV
- File Storage and Sharing
- Training & Workshops
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
Faculty/Staff Loaner Laptops
Faculty/Staff Loaner Laptops are available on a first come first served basis to Butler University Faculty and Staff (affiliates can borrow with a Faculty/Staff sponsor) for checkout at the IT Help Desk in HB 315. The purpose of this program is to provide short term mobile devices to faculty and staff who need to perform tasks that are a necessary part of their job function at Butler. These devices are separate from Repair Laptops, which are issued to faculty and staff who are having their primary device repaired by Butler IT and to students who are having select repairs done through Butler IT.
Equipment for student checkout is available at the Information Commons desk in Irwin Library and at the Science Library. However, a faculty or staff member may check out a laptop for use by a student worker (e.g., grad student, intern) working with them on a project. If a University Affiliate wishes to borrow a laptop, they must have a faculty or staff member sponsor the loan. In these cases, the faculty or staff member will be responsible.
Faculty and Staff members are able to check out one Windows or Mac laptop per person at a time for work related purposes. Supervisor approval is required. Loans are available for up to a 2 week time period. In effort to be fair to all users, consecutive loans are discouraged and may be denied. Please provide as much notice as possible when requesting a loaner laptop. The number of devices is limited and availability is NOT guaranteed. Laptops come with power adapters and standard Butler software.
The Help Desk reserves the right to suspend borrowing privileges for non-compliance with policy.
To reserve a Faculty Staff laptop, visit itrequest.butler.edu, login, and click on the Borrow Laptop button.
In effort to make devices available to all users, consecutive loans are discouraged and may be denied. Renewals and extensions may be available on a case-by-case basis upon request. Faculty/staff needing a laptop beyond the normal two-week loan period may submit a request at itrequest.butler.edu. The following information must be provided: reason for the extended loan period and requested check out/in dates. Please allow a minimum of two weeks’ notice for extended loan period requests. We do our best to accommodate all requests, but we cannot guarantee availability. Preference for extensions will be given, when possible, to users who are needing to perform tasks that are a necessary part of their faculty/staff job function at Butler.
Class sets (a group of devices for use by an entire class) of computing devices are available to faculty members (pending availability) for a loan period of up to a semester and can be borrowed from the Center for Academic Technology.
- Laptops may be requested by other faculty and staff for a specific time period. The timely return of all items allows us to honor the greatest number of requests possible.
- Borrowers will receive a reminder email before the loan period ends.
- In the event an item is not returned within the agreed upon load period, IT will engage in the following process:
- Email and Telephone contact
- Email to Supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Telephone call to Supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Locking of borrower’s Butler network account
- Charging department replacement value of equipment
- Excessive and or repeated tardiness will result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Replacement of lost or stolen equipment is the responsibility of the borrower or the borrower’s department.
- The cost of repair to damaged equipment not covered under warranty is the responsibility of the borrower or the borrower’s department.