- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Service Catalog
- Labs, Classrooms, & Mediated Spaces
- Wireless/Wired Connection
- Training & Workshops
- Cable TV
- File Storage and Sharing
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
Connect to BU Guest/Open Wireless
Guest wireless access is available all over campus. The Guest/Open Wireless network is not encrypted and only permits connecting to the Internet; certain Butler services are not available (including printing and BUfiles). Only users who are guests or students who are connecting a gaming/streaming device should use the BU Guest/Open Wireless Network. Access to BU Guest/Open Wireless requires accepting the Acceptable Use Policy.
To connect, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you are in a wireless location
- Navigate to the wireless or wifi settings on your device
- Select BU Guest/Open Wireless from your list of available networks
- A screen will appear in your default internet browser with the Acceptable Use Policy. Read the policy, scrolling all the way to the bottom, and then click Accept. Please note: you must scroll all the way to the bottom in order for the Accept button to be activated.
- You should now have Internet access.
For device-specific instructions, visit the Get Connected page and select the link which corresponds to your device and/or operating system.