- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Service Catalog
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
Graduate Access to Computing and Network Resources
As a graduate, Information Technology wants you to be successful in transitioning your data from Butler's systems to wherever you choose.
Email and Secure Wireless
Beginning with the May 2014 graduating class, all graduates will retain their Butler email addresses (email@example.com) and their access to BU Secure Wireless.
All-campus alerts and Butler Connection messages will continue to be sent to graduates. Graduates will remain on organization listservs (e.g., Greek houses, student organizations) unless the organization removes them. If you are the administrator of a listserv, you will need to transfer administrative privileges to someone else.
Note that users will continue to be required to change their Butler password at regular intervals.
Systems and Applications
All graduates will lose access to Butler computer systems and applications that require a Butler username and password (except for Butler email, login.butler.edu, and BU Secure Wireless) on October 1st after commencement. All data will be deleted at that time. This includes:
Butler Google Apps
Email alerts will be sent before your access is discontinued. You should do the following PRIOR to October 1st in order to save your data before it is deleted.
- Copy your data from BUfiles to another storage solution (e.g. cloud storage, external hard drive, etc.)
- Get any data that you need from My.Butler.edu and Moodle. Please note that Moodle course availability is determined by your professor and may be deactivated at his or her discretion.
- Deactivate DawgAlert notifications (go to My.Butler, Self Service, Student Center, Personal Information, DawgAlert Signups).
- Get any data that you need from your Butler Google Apps account
- You may also manually download your current Google Apps files to your computer or a local hard drive should you choose not to transfer them to a personal Google account.
Butler's main web site is available for a lifetime, including Career Services functions. Be sure to register at www.butler.edu/alumni.
If you have any questions or if you require further assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk.