- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Service Catalog
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
All Butler students, faculty, and staff have a Butler email account and calendar through Exchange Online.
To access Exchange Online via the web, visit outlook.com/butler.edu and log in using your full Butler email address as your username, and your Butler password.
General Information & Resources
Review more information about Exchange Online below. For more on technical issues and how-to items, visit the Exchange Online FAQ.
Yes, to access Exchange Online through the Outlook Web App (via https://outlook.com/butler.edu or via portal.office.com) you will need to log in using your full Butler email address as your username, along with your Butler password.
- Increased email and calendar storage space to 50GB per user
- New features and updates delivered on a regular basis
- Outlook for Windows users will no longer need to connect to a virtual private network (VPN) to connect to the Butler email system when using Butler laptop PCs off campus
- Outlook for Windows will connect to the Butler email system even from personal home computers with the full features of the email system (see the "Outlook for Non Butler Computers" section of this page for information on how to access Butler email via Outlook on your personal computer)
Yes, Exchange Online allows you to begin storing archived messages in the cloud rather than on a network drive ("online archiving" vs. "local archiving").
Students have access to the Outlook Web App via https://outlook.com/butler.edu or via portal.office.com. Faculty and staff have access to the Outlook 2013 or 2016 Desktop Client as well as the Outlook Web App. Regardless of how you choose to access your email, you will need to log in using your full Butler email address as your username.
Yes. Students, faculty, and staff can still download free Office ProPlus applications for personal use tied to your Butler account. Find more information about those applications at www.butler.edu/it/freeoffice.