Skip to main content
Holcomb Building
Information Technology

Student Computer Recommendations

Should I buy a Mac or a PC?

When deciding on what kind of computer to buy, check with your academic advisor to see if your area of study prefers/requires a certain type of computer (see Pharmacy and Physician Assistant Technology Requirements). If there is no preference, the choice is up to you. In general, IT recommends bringing a device that was manufactured within the last two years, if possible. Both Mac and Windows platforms are supported by Butler IT. For more information and guidance please visit this link

What kind of printer should I bring?

Printers for student use are available in all computer labs. For more information on printing at Butler, visit our PrintSmart page. If you do bring a printer with you to campus, you must disable the wireless feature and direct connect via USB in order to print. Wireless printing interferes with the network and is prohibited.