- Keep Calm and Work On
- Alerts and Maintenance
- New to Technology at Butler
- Knowledge Base
- IT Service Catalog
- Policies & Security
- About IT
- Help Desk
Butler University, in partnership with Spectrum, provides students living in University housing with full Cable TV service consisting of approximately 70 channels
Note: Students living in Butler Terrace and South Campus Apartments have a separate service for internet and cable (see the FAQ below).
Note: Students living in Fairview House must have an RG 6 coaxial cable to connect to cable television.
Your TV must have a QAM tuner in order to receive this service. Most TVs (Vizio, Samsung, Sony) since 2006 include this, but refer to your owner's manual or manufacturer website (i.e., Google it) to check your specific model if you aren't sure.
Steps to take when you arrive on campus:
- Check with your TV's manufacturer website to see if your model has a QAM tuner. Some models require activation or do not have a QAM Tuner.
- Remove any cable boxes, VCRs, or other devices between the TV and the wall.
- Connect the TV directly to the wall outlet using a high-quality coaxial cable with a threaded connection. Note: residents of Fairview House must use an RG 6 coaxial cable to connect.
- Make sure your connections at both ends of the cable are tight.
- Set your TV source input to Cable (some TV's require changing to Antenna then Cable).
- Run a full channel scan, commonly called Auto Program or Auto Tune, to find all the channels available to you.
University housing with Butler Cable TV Service
Residential College (ResCo)
- University Terrace Apartments
Housing with Cable TV and internet service provided by Spectrum:
- Butler Terrace Apartments
- South Campus Apartments
Frequently Asked Questions: