Quick Start for Admitted Students
First Things First
- Password: Set/change your password at https://password.butler.edu. You should receive your Butler email address and temporary password via email from the Office of Admission three to four weeks after being admitted.
- Email: Check your Butler email at https://outlook.com/butler.edu, and if you have a smartphone, set it up to get your Butler email. Learn more here.
- My.Butler: Login to http://my.butler.edu and take a look around. This is where you'll find your class schedule, financial aid information, and more.
- Moodle: Visit http://moodle.butler.edu and take a look around. This is where instructors may post syllabi and course materials.
- Prepare Your Tech: Trying to decide what you should bring to campus, and what you should leave at home? Look over some key information to help you Prepare Your Technology for Move-In.
- Cable TV: Check out information about Cable TV on campus, including a full channel listing. Fairview House residents: please note that you must have an RG 6 coaxial cable in order to connect.
- Printing: Learn more about our PrintSmart program for students.
- Wireless: When you arrive on campus, ready your devices and Get Connected.
- Knowledge Base: Check out our knowledge base for answers to common questions and computer issues at ask.butler.edu. You can also request assistance via an online case or chat with a technician.
- File Sharing, Storage, and Collaboration (Google Apps, BUfiles, etc.)
- Computer Recommendations for Students
- Computer Labs on Campus
- Hardware Discounts - Apple, Dell, and HP
- Software Discounts (Free Microsoft Office)
- Computer Use Policy
The Information Technology Help Desk provides technology assistance and related services to students. Visit www.butler.edu/it/help for more information.