Skip to main content

Error message

  • Notice: Undefined index: bundle in fieldable_panels_panes_load_from_subtype() (line 995 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/contrib/fieldable_panels_panes/fieldable_panels_panes.module).
  • Notice: Undefined index: bundle in fieldable_panels_panes_load_from_subtype() (line 995 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/contrib/fieldable_panels_panes/fieldable_panels_panes.module).
Student Involvement
Student Involvement and Leadership

Reserving Space on Campus

Students reserve on campus space (including tables) online. Reservation and programming policies apply to all online bookings.

Student organizations planning events that include food, late night hours (after 11pm), alcohol, security, and road closures should consult the guidelines for each area of the event on the PuLSE website.

The PuLSE office (AU 101), office Greek Life (AU 312), and University Events (451 W. 52nd Street) are all resources for campus events and program planning. Student organizations are encouraged to contact these offices with questions, concerns, and clarification for event planning and policies. 

Accessing Virtual EMS (online booking system)

There are two ways to access Virtual EMS:

Steps for Reserving Space

  1. Under Reservations, choose Student Org Event Request or Greek Life Event Request
  2. On the left pane in Where & When, enter date, time, and room
  3. On Details tab, enter information for the event and submit reservation

The submitted request will then be approved or denied by either the PuLSE office or, in the case of Greek Life events, by the Greek Life staff.  If approved, a final confirmation from University Events will be emailed to the requestor.  

Organizations that select catering or BUPD services must make arrangements with those areas.

Requests may be viewed online to check the status, add resources, or make date and time changes.  It is the organization's responsibility to cancel the reservation if the event will not take place.

What to Know About Reserving Space

  • Rooms are not officially booked until the student receives a confirmation email from University Events.
  • Recognized student organizations reserving tables must accompany off-campus businesses and/or representatives while they are on campus.  This includes remaining with them at tables while they are promoting their business. Outside groups that wish to solicit on campus are restricted to tables on either side of Atherton dining center and Starbucks patio. If you are hosting an outside group the PuLSE office must be notified. 
  • For road closures of public roads, fill out a City of Indianapolis permit request.
  • For closure of a road internal to campus, contact BUPD.
  • Some requests may be denied based on the organization's standing with the University or the type of activity proposed.
  • No events will be scheduled the Friday prior to or during designated University extended breaks.
  • A fee may be charged to organizations or individuals for services which include, but are not limited to, overtime, set-up, staffing or failure to cancel an event within 24 hours of the event.

Atherton Union Tables

There are three tables permanently set up in Atherton Union; one on the south end of the dining hall, one on the north end of the dining hall, and one in Starbucks. There is also a table in ResCo that can be reserved online.

  • All tables inside of Atherton Union and outside on the Starbucks patio must be reserved through
  • The table inside Starbucks is reserved exclusively for Student Clubs and Organizations from 11am-1pm, Monday thru Friday.  Other organizations, student classes (RBE, Student class projects) can reserve the Starbucks table anytime it's available outside of this time. Starbucks tables may be reserved up to three days a week, but no more than two days in a row.
  • Programming in Starbucks is prohibited unless approved by the Student Government Association (contact the PuLSE office for more information).
  • These tables can be reserved by student organizations to publicize events or sell items for a fundraiser.
  • Outside groups desiring to use the tables must be sponsored by a recognized student organization or department after approval by the PuLSE office. Please contact the PuLSE office if you are a club or organization looking to sponsor an outside group.
  • Clubs and organization are only allowed to sponsor one outside group per year
  • A member of the sponsoring organization must be with the outside group the entire time the group is on campus.
  • Sales are made a percentage of those sales must be donated to the student organization.
  • Credit Card solicitors are not allowed on campus, even if sponsored by a student club or organization
  • If an outside group contacts your organization, please contact the Director of PuLSE before agreeing to bring them to campus.

Scheduling During Finals

All student club & organization activities including meetings must terminate each semester no later than the date of the last regular meeting day of classes. No student club and organization activities are permitted on reading day or during final examinations.

Special Set-Ups

To accommodate any special set-up needs such as requests for tents, roadblocks, barricades, or audiovisual equipment, student should initiate the space reservation process on at least 60 days prior to the event.

Media or Instructional Equipment

Student organizations requiring media or instructional equipment for a scheduled event should contact University Events (JH 018 or 940-9352) at least one week ahead of time. Organizations do not need to contact University Events if they have indicated their media needs on their online event registration form on

Reserving Space in the HRC

Use this online form to request space in the Health & Recreation Complex.