Successful recruitment comes as a result of building relationships with the Butler campus community. Employers who experience the greatest level of success in their recruiting efforts partner with Internship and Career Services in a number of ways. If you’re interested in discussing a tailored recruiting strategy, please fill out this form and a member of our employer relations team will contact you shortly.
By the Numbers
- 6 colleges
- 5,000+ total enrollment
- 15.3% multicultural and international students
- 48% of all Butler students come from the top 10% of their class
- 5 miles from downtown Indianapolis
What Others Say About Us
Most Innovative School in the Midwest
Ranked #2 College in the Midwest
Ranked among the nation’s finest in:
- First-year student experience
- Study abroad
- Undergraduate research and creative projects
Source: U.S. News and World Report, 2018
The Butler Way Works
Ninety-seven percent of our graduates were employed, attending graduate school, or in gap year programs within six months of graduation.
This information is based on 80% of 2017 graduates. Data is collected up to six months post-graduation from sources including students, employers, faculty, staff, parents, and online.
Where We Come In
Internship and Career Services (ICS) serves Butler students and alumni for life. In addition to career advising and student programming, we operate as the gateway for employers to build relationships on our campus. We create opportunities for students and employers to connect to support students’ career development and employers’ needs for strong talent in the 21st century workforce.
Butler Students Are Gaining Valuable Experiences On and Off Campus
- 80% complete at least one internship
- 41% work on campus
94% are involved in campus activities
41% study abroad
Experiential Learning is a Key Part of Who We Are as a University
- 450 undergraduates.*
- Many majors require a credit-bearing internship.
- 300 undergraduates.*
- All majors require two student teaching experiences.
- 1,400 undergraduates.*
- Internship requirements vary per department.
- 900 students.*
- Most majors require rotations and/or an internship.
- 350 students.*
- All majors require completion of career-related activities.
- 1,000 undergraduates. *
- All majors require two internships, and students follow a four-year Blueprint program.
- Students also have a career mentor for their four years.
* Approximate numbers
Butler also offers several graduate programs and graduate non-degree
certificates and licensures. Many emphasize experiential learning in their
Many organizations offer off-campus engagement opportunities to continue to build their brand and connect with students. Our office has coordinated:
- Site visits
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Informational interviews
- Open houses
Please contact our office directly to discuss a personalized approach for your interests and goals.
Sponsorship increases brand recognition and awareness on campus. ICS and Butler University offer a variety of event and programming sponsorship opportunities to showcase your organization to Butler students. If you are interested in sponsoring an event, please reach out directly to our office to discuss these options. We will work with you to create a personalized sponsorship plan that supports your brand and campus goals.
Post a Position on Handshake
Handshake is Butler's online employment portal and the main outlet for promoting on- and off-campus jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, and gap-year programs, to students and
alumni alike. To get started, please visit: butler.edu/ics/employers/post-job-internship
Host an Information Table or Session
Information tables in our student union are perfect if you are looking for brand recognition or to hire for part-time positions. Information sessions can be a great way to connect with students if you have an established internship program, and want to share application tips and tricks. Our team can help you create a tailored campus experience to meet your needs.
Interview Students On Campus
Host on-campus interviews with Butler students! Post your position to
Handshake and review your top applicants. Two weeks’ notice is strongly
Our office relies on volunteers who have a passion for mentoring young
professionals through summer programs, presentations, programming, and
classes. Opportunities vary throughout the year.
Attend a Career Fair or Networking Event
- Our semi-annual Recruiter Information Breakfast helps recruiters learn more about the University and how to get involved on campus.
- We host a variety of fairs, from large trade-show style to small industryspecific. Consult the insert to view specific opportunities for the current school year.
- We offer multiple networking events that center around specific industries or topics, such as workplace diversity. Consult the insert to view current school year opportunities.
Please the attached Employer Policies document for more about working with the Office of Internship and Career Services.