After You Arrive
Airport Pick Up
When you arrive, you will be picked up from the airport by a Diversity Ambassador based on the flight information you provided to the OISS. You will meet the Diversity Ambassador at the baggage carousel (where you pick up your luggage). More information regarding your airport pickup will be sent to you via email.
Post Arrival Checklist
- Check in with Office of International Student Services. At check-in bring:
- I-94 card*
- Stamped I-20/DS-2019
- Completed health form (unless you already submitted it to the Health Center)
- Proof of Health Insurance**
- Proof of Immunization(s)
- International Student Data Sheet
* Now an electronic document. If you did not receive it, please visit cbp.gov/I94 to print/save a copy for your records.
** F1 and J1 undergraduates will be automatically enrolled in the University-sponsored health insurance plan (ISEP participants exempted). Graduate students need to provide proof of health insurance.
- Call home to family and friends to let them know you made it safely
- Locate permanent housing and update local address with OISS
- Take or send verification of immunizations and physical exam to Health Services located in the HRC according to these directions.
- Meet your Academic Advisor
- Register for classes (if you have not already done so)
- Get your Butler ID card
- Attend mandatory International Orientation
- 'Like' the Butler University International Student Services page on Facebook
- Take time to visit the 'Getting Settled' page to learn how to open a bank account, get a cell phone, and more