Since its inception in 2009, the program has been committed to providing its student employees with experiential learning opportunities revolving around twenty-first century skills, self-development, and professional growth.
Students will develop, apply, and promote twenty-first century skills:
- Find, understand, evaluate, and use information, technology, and media ethically and legally
- Communicate effectively to foster collaboration in a project-based environment
- Apply integrative, critical, and creative thinking to address problems
- Expand global and social awareness, particularly as related to the information ecosystem
Through reflective practice, students will progress in their professional and self-development:
- Connect academic, personal, and career goals to work experiences to lay foundation for lifelong learning
- Participate in a professional environment by embracing service expectations, respecting policy, and engaging in organizational and self-assessment.
- Cultivate learning and skill development in others