STUDENT EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Butler’s Student Employee of the Year program is an excellent way to celebrate the impact Butler University student employees make on our campus every day. For their hard work and diligence, we try to showcase Butler student employees who have shown exemplary strides in contributing to the Butler Community.
There are three awards presented, once a year, during National Student Employee Appreciation (NSEA) Week:
Student Employee of the Year: This student will be judged on their reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism, and their uniqueness of contribution. The recipient will compete in the regional competition, and may compete nationally.
Outstanding New Student Employee of the Year: This award will be given to a student working in a position for less than one year who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their position, department, and educational goals.
The Student Employee Leadership Award: This award will be given to the student who has demonstrated a keen sense of leadership in their position. Leadership may include supervising others or exhibiting great communication, decision making, and problem solving skills.
Student Employee Appreciation Week
Every year, Butler recognizes the importance of our student employees and the contributions they make to our university. This week draws the awareness of others, inside and outside of the University, to the major achievements student workers have made in the multitude of roles they fill. This year's Student Employee Appreciation Week is April 9th - 13th, 2018. Our annual Student Employee Appreciation luncheon and, unveiling of award recipients, will be on Wednesday, April 11th. Stay tuned for more details to come!
For questions regarding Student Employee of the Year or Student Employee Appreciation Week, please contact the Interenship and Career Services office at ICS@butler.edu and 317-940-9383.
Please complete the Nomination Form Packet with information about the nominee, as indicated:
- Write a Nomination Letter describing the nominee’s accomplishments, using a departmental letterhead for your Nomination Letter. The letter can be no longer than one page. Please note: only one nomination letter will be considered for each nominee.
- Deliver the nomination form and letter to the Office of Internship and Career Services in AU 315. Nominations will be accepted via hand-delivery, via campus mail or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Campus nominations are due to the Internship and Career Services office by Friday February 19th, 2018 at 8:00 AM. Nominations submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- A selection committee will review nominations and select a campus winner.
All students nominated for Butler Student Employee of the Year must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending Butler University.
- Must have been employed for a minimum of six months in a part-time position for the same employer (between June 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016 ).
- Must be working in part-time, non-degreed positions, either on campus or in the Indianapolis community (includes Federal Work Study—Community Service organizations).
- Each campus winner will receive a certificate and congratulatory letter from MASEA (Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators)
- State winners will receive a certificate and check for $75.00
- The MASEA regional winner will receive a plaque and a check for $150.00 will then be submitted for the NSEA Student Employee of the Year Program
Student Employee of the Year:
Bridget Woodson (Marketing and Communications Intern, Art with a Heart)
Outstanding New Student Employee of the Year:
Anthony Viega (Graduate Assistant, Band and Spirit Program)
Student Employee Leadership:
Paige Haefer (Butler Student Ambassador, Office of Admissions)
Student Employee of the Year: Anna Mehilich
Outstanding New Student Employee of the Year: Nicolas Huang
Student Employee Leadership: Kyle Allen
Student Employee of the Year: Eric Sanders (SEOTY Winner for the State of Indiana)
Outstanding New Student Employee of the Year: Molly Nebiolo
Student Employee Leadership: Katie Newberry
Student Employee of the Year: Erica Gilliland
Outstanding New Student Employee of the Year: Lindsey Wacnik
Student Employee Leadership: Hannah Simmons
Student Employee of the Year: Alex Davidson
Outstanding New Student Employee of the Year: Katherine Youngen
Student Employee Leadership: Stephanny Tauber
Student Employee of the Year: Levi Smith
Helen Ann Heimark