Administrative Specialist (12 month position)
Butler University, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (COPHS) at Butler
University is seeking an Administrative Specialist to provide
essential support at the front desk of the dean's suite to
students, faculty, staff and visitors to the college. This
position will provide necessary assistance to the rest of the staff
in the dean's office and administrative support to the director of
assessment and faculty in the BS in Health Sciences program.
• Provide coverage for the front desk in the dean's
suite. Help maintain the efficient operation of the dean's
• Provide administrative/clerical support to faculty in the
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences curriculum.
• Answer incoming calls on the COPHS main phone line and
respond to the calls or direct them to the appropriate
• Assist students and faculty/staff with processing of Change
of Major forms and other required paperwork, ensuring that it is
handled in a timely and efficient manner.
• Provide administrative support for the director of
assessment, the COPHS Assessment for Excellence Committee and
associated clerical responsibilities with course assessment.
• Maintain the college's current student and alumni
• Provide clerical support to the dean, associate dean,
faculty and staff as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma (or its equivalent) and at least three
years' experience in an administrative support position
• Proficiency in Word and Excel and knowledge of or the
ability to learn to use other software applications and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail
• The ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work independently and with minimal
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter that
describes your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of resumes will begin immediately.