Butler GPS Website (gps.butler.edu)
Since mid-2015, Butler University has used an electronic goal and performance evaluation system known as "Butler GPS." Any department not included in the initial roll out will continue to utilize the existing paper-based performance management system.
As we all strive to achieve the strategic goals outlined in Butler 2020, the University is implementing an electronic Goal and Performance management System: Butler GPS.
This system allows leadership to see how their divisional and individual employees' objectives relate to the University's overall strategic goals and to measure progress against those objectives.
- Butler GPS is an electronic goal and performance management system created by SuccessFactors, a leading provider of performance management solutions.
- The platform's guided process will facilitate the creation, assignment, and assessment of organizational and individual goals within the University.
- Leaders will be able to see how their divisional and individual objectives relate to the University's overall strategic goals.
- The new system will assess divisional and individual goals, and will be used to complete performance reviews.
- The system is flexible and allows HR to customize forms and questions so they meet the needs of each division. HR will provide training on how to utilize Butler GPS.
- Each employee will update their progress toward their goals throughout the year; supervisors may check the status of their employees' goals at any time.
- The goals from last year will be entered automatically into the self-evaluation form and, as in past years, employees will have the opportunity to provide comments.
There are two (2) options for GPS training:
- Self-Guided Video (approximately 20 minutes in length)
- GPS Overview and employee training
- Quick Reference Guides
Self-Guided GPS Training Video
The Self-Guided Video option allow you to complete training at your desk during times that are convenient with your schedule. This training is a recording of the entire GPS process, from Goal Creation to Performance Appraisals. You can fast forward and repeat content as needed.
Welcome to the Butler GPS training!
Please click on the icon below to begin viewing.
For general questions about GPS, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.