EyeMed is Butler University's vision insurance carrier.
- EyeMed Vision coverage information is provided on your EyeMed Vision ID card.
- Call the number on your cards to order additional cards.
- In and Out of network benefits apply to vision coverage. Be sure to find an in-network vision provider before you make an appointment. Contact your Apta Health Care Coordinator for assistance or log in to the EyeMed Vision portal and use the Find a Provider tool.
UPDATED MEMBER FAQs and HEALTH FAQs
To accommodate variations by state regarding which services (essential only or routine care) members may receive, we have significantly expanded our Member FAQs.
- State-by-state landing page at eyemed.com/coronavirus
- Once the member chooses their state, they will be directed to new FAQs that vary whether their state allows eye doctors to resume routine care services or whether they may still offer essential services only
Members interested in understanding how their eyecare experience may be different as new protocols for social distancing and sanitation guidelines are implemented can find answers to many common questions at eyemed.com/coronavirus-eyehealth including:
- What should I expect when I return to my eye doctor?
- What if I am a high-risk patient?
- Will I need to wear a mask? Will they provide one for me?
- What new safety and sanitation protocols should I expect at my eye doctor’s office?
- How will my eye doctor assure social distancing guidelines are followed?
NEW MEMBER ARTICLES
The new articles include:
- Eyewear that works for videoconferencing
- You’ve got your face mask. What about eye protection?
- Ask the eye doctor: What if I get hand sanitizer in my eye?
- Need to buy glasses online? Here are 8 things to know
- Kids getting more screen time? Enjoy with limits
- Vision and good hygiene – the link between clean acts and clear sight
- What to expect when your eye doctor re-opens