Health and Wellness Benefits - 2020
For 2020 and Beyond, Butler University is focusing on a holistic approach to employee well-being and wellness. Through this focus, we want to empower employees to become actively involved in choices concerning healthcare. We understand how important benefits, especially healthcare coverage, are to our campus community and for this reason, we look critically at the benefit plans we offer each year and work to improve when possible. In 2019 we began partnerships with Apta Health, UMR, United Healthcare Choice Plus, and Magellan RX as an innovative solution to our unique healthcare needs. This solution has proven to help our employees increase their healthcare consumerism and become more involved in the management of their healthcare decisions.
From January through August 2019 we identified a marked decrease in healthcare claims and in consultation with Butler’s Healthcare Advisory Committee, we have decided to continue the partnership for 2020 and beyond. As we move into a new decade have enhanced our benefit options and expanded our employee wellness programs. You can review a summary of the highlights and changes to our Butler 2020 Employee Benefits and Well-Being programs below and review details of the benefit plans and incentive programs in the 2020 Employee Benefits Guide and the other documents in the Quick Links to the right.
Highlights for 2020:
- Continue to provide excellent healthcare benefit coordination and service through Apta Health and UMR.
- United Healthcare Choice Plus network, Delta Dental, EyeMed, and Magellan RX will continue to provide a comprehensive selection of medical, dental, vision and pharmacy providers and services.
- Continue to maintain three medical plan options, PPO Core Plan, PPO Plus Plan, and CDHD Plan, with no plan design changes.
- No increase in the PPO Plus Plan insurance premiums for 2020.
- Dental and Vision premiums remain the same for 2020.
- HSA Authority continues to be our partner for Health Savings Accounts.
- Discovery Benefits continues to be our Medical FSA and Dependent FSA administrators.
Changes for 2020:
- Reduced insurance premiums for the PPO Core Plan and the CDHD Plan by 2% for 2020.
- $100 incentive for employee and/or spouse, enrolled in a Butler healthcare plan, for getting an annual wellness exam with a primary care provider
- Beginning January 1, 2020, HRC membership is free for full-time Faculty and Staff.
- HRC membership for part-time employees is discounted to $3 per day beginning January 1, 2020.
- Enhancement to the Employee Assistance Program - the number of free confidential, professional counseling visits for each family member per year, increased from 3 visits to 6 visits.
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy no longer require pre-certification beginning January 1, 2020.
- The cost of durable medical equipment, requiring pre-certification, increased from $500 to $1,500.
- Due to the IRS cost of living adjustments on high deductible health plans, the CDHD Plan deductibles and out of pocket limits increased. The In-Network Single deductible is now $2800, an increase of $100 and the Family deductible is $5,600 an increase of $200.
- The telemedicine provider is now OC24health. This service provides you with access to US board-certified doctors through video visits.
- OC24health also provides tele-visit access to Psychiatrists and Dermatologists. The new app for OC24health available online beginning January 1, 2020.
We continue our partnership with Apta Health, United Health Care Choice Plus, UMR, and MagellanRx. Apta Health is a healthcare plan coordinator and they work on Butler’s behalf to manage and coordinate all the different parts of our healthcare plan. This patient-focused model gives the University much more flexibility when it comes to tailoring our healthcare plan to meet employees’ needs. Instead of being tied to one company and relying on them for all aspects of our plan, we now have a coordinator finding the best-in-class services for each part of our plan (pharmacy manager, healthcare plan, for example), in an effort to provide our community with optimal coverage.
Being well informed about your health insurance will help you be a better healthcare consumer. We have provided FAQs, Quick Links, and information to assist with understanding Apta Health Care Coordination, United Healthcare’s Choice Plus network, and MagellanRx's pharmacy management programs. You can also find the 2020 Employee Benefits Guide, review your medical plan summary documents, visit the UHC website, and check to see if your healthcare providers are in-network and get a head start on setting up your prescriptions for 2020. Information about plans, rates, provider changes, in-network providers, and a list of covered medications are provided in the quick links to the right and on the Benefit Changes and Frequently Asked Questions website.
Vision coverage for 2020 continues to be provided through EyeMed. General questions and issues regarding your vision plan can be addressed to your Apta Care Coordinator. They can also provide contact information or direct you to HR if they are unable to provide assistance with your issue.
If you enroll in vision coverage you will receive an identification card for your EyeMed coverage. You can also set up an account and access coverage information line through the EyeMed portal. Download 2020 vision coverage rates and plan details.
Dental plans remain the same for 2020 and continue to be offered through Delta Dental of Indiana. You can access your dental plan information through the Delta Dental Member portal and review plan details on the Dental Plan Summary of Benefits.
Other Health and Wellness Benefits:
Our benefit offerings don't stop at health insurance plans. We offer the following benefits, among others:
- On-campus wellness resources through the Health and Recreation Complex
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts (depending on the chosen medical plan)
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information or questions regarding health and wellness benefits at Butler, please contact email@example.com.