Life & Accident Insurance Quick Links
- 2014 Life & AD&D Presentation w/audio (recorded January 22, 2014)
- Change of Beneficiary Form (pdf) Return this completed document to HR Benefits JH #052.
- 2018 Supplemental Life Enrollment Packet (pdf)
- Evidence of Insurability Form (pdf) - Required when applying for more than the guaranteed coverage amount or requesting to increase coverage outside the initial enrollment period.
- Notices and Limitations for Group Life and Disability Insurance Products (PDF)
- Application to Port or Convert Group Life to Individual Policy
Life and AD&D Insurance
Butler University provides Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance through OneAmerica. To learn more about the available plans, please refer to the sections below and the quick links.
Some highlights of the Supplemental Term Life and AD&D plans include:
- No premium increase for rates per $1,000 in coverage elected.
- One Time offering with Guarantee Issue - The ability to select up to $500,000 supplemental term life and AD&D insurance for yourself without evidence of insurability.
- The ability to select up to $50,000 for supplemental life and AD&D spouse coverage (or up to $250,000 with evidence of insurability).
- The ability to select up to $10,000 of supplemental term life and AD&D insurance for your dependent children (up to age 26) without evidence of insurability.
- The ability to designate your life insurance beneficiary.
The Enrollment Packet includes:
- What you should consider when purchasing life insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life and AD&D Insurance Terms and Definitions
- Benefit Reduction process explanation
- Rates - Voluntary Term Life including non-matching AD&D for bi-weekly and monthly paid employees
- Group Voluntary AD&D Insurance Coverage Benefits
- Group Enrollment Form
- Travel Assistance
Effective January 1, 2018, dependent children are eligible for supplemental life and ad&d coverage through December 31st following their 26th their birthday.
Effective January 1, 2018, spouses are eligible for supplemental life and ad&d coverage through December 31st following their 70th birthday.
It is your responsibility to contact the HR Benefits team and update your benefit coverages when your spouse and/or dependent(s) are no longer eligible for coverage and the benefit premium needs to be dropped from your payroll deductions.
One America will not payout life insurance claims on individuals who are no longer eligible for coverage even if you continue to pay the premiums for coverage.