All Butler employees (full- or part-time), as well as spouses enrolled in Butler's group health plan, have the opportunity to obtain $100 annually when they complete a Wellness Consult through Healthy Horizons. An additional $150 can be obtained through the completion of health coaching sessions. The number of health coaching sessions required for the additional $150 is determined by results from your Wellness Consult. Contact us at email@example.com or at 940-8143 to schedule your appointment.
The Rewards Program is a fun and easy way to earn rewards for all of the healthy behaviors you do daily. The rewards card can be submitted one time per semester. A Summer Games Reward Program is also available.
Online Rewards Card: Please access the Rewards Card form to track your points.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble accessing the online Rewards Card.
How can you earn points?
Earn one point for each of the following healthy behaviors:
- Participating in at least 30 minutes of exercise in one day
- Eat 5 servings of fruits/vegetables in one day
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible
- Drink 64 fl. oz. of water in one day
- Bring a healthy lunch to work
- Park farther away from your building and walk to your building
Get at least seven hours of sleep at night
Earn five points for each of the following healthy behaviors:
- Take a multivitamin or your prescribed medications for one full week
- Accomplish 150 minutes of exercise per week
- Bring a healthy snack to share with your co-workers
Read the Personal Best Newsletter (can be accessed on MyButler under the Healthy Horizons tab)
Earn 25 points for each of the following healthy behaviors:
- Attend a Healthy Horizons program
- Register with INShape Indiana
- Reach your own personal health goal
Earn 50 points for each of the following healthy behaviors:
- Have your annual wellness consult
- Have a yearly physical with your Primary Care Provider
Rewards—as you reach each point level below, stop by the Pharmacy and Health Sciences Building, Room 110 to pick up your reward.
Level 1—Silver Paw (75 points)
Level 2—Golden Paw (150 points)
Level 3—Platinum Paw (250 points)
You will also be entered to win a Grand Prize.
Questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or call 940-8143.
Updated daily, the Healthier BU Blog provides health tips and a wide variety of wellness resources. You can also access it from the Connection homepage.
Employees are invited to enjoy their lunch during a presentation on health and wellness, often presented by follow Butler faculty or staff. Topics vary month-to-month, so watch the Connection for announcements.
Healthy Horizons and the HRC partner to allow you access to the HRC's indoor track. Membership to the HRC is not required. Please bring your Butler ID and sign in at the front desk. Access to the track is available Monday through Friday from 6:00–8:00 AM, noon–1:00 PM and 4:00–5:00 PM. If you wish to form a walking group, you may do so on your own, or you may walk individually. HRC access is limited to the track use only.