All Butler employees (full- or part-time), as well as spouses enrolled in Butler's group health plan, have the opportunity to obtain $100 annually when they complete a Wellness Consult through Healthy Horizons. An additional $150 can be obtained through the completion of health coaching sessions. The number of health coaching sessions required for the additional $150 is determined by results from your Wellness Consult. Contact us at email@example.com or at 940-8143 to schedule your appointment.
The Rewards Program is a fun and easy way to earn rewards for all of the healthy behaviors you do daily. The rewards card can be submitted one time per semester. A Summer Games Reward Program is also available.
Online Rewards Card: Please access the Rewards Card form to track your points.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble accessing the online Rewards Card.
How can you earn points?
Earn 1 point for each:
- Participate in Center for Faith and Vocation guided meditation class
- Eat 5 servings of fruits/vegetables in one day
- Avoid all sugar-sweetened beverages for one day
- Participate in an HRC fitness class
- Pack a healthy lunch from home
- Park far away from work/store and walk
- Sleep 7 ½ hours or more in one night
- Use the restroom on different floor or building from your office
- Wear your seat belt whenever in the car or bike helmet when biking
Earn 5 points for each:
- Take prescribed medications for an entire week
- Contribute a healthy meal/snack for office pitch in
- Increase your weekly step count average by 1000 steps
- Obtain 150 minutes of exercise in one week
Earn 25 points for each:
- Attend a Healthy Horizons lunch and learn
- Read an entire novel for stress relief
- Register for Healthier BU Blog http://blogs.butler.edu/healthyhorizons
Earn 50 points for each:
- Complete annual wellness consult with Healthy Horizons
- Complete annual physical with your Primary Care Provider
As you reach each point level below, stop by the Pharmacy and Health Sciences Building, Room 110 to pick up your reward.
Level 1—Silver (75 points)
Level 2—Gold (150 points)
Level 3—Platinum (250 points)
Questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or call 940-8143.
Updated daily, the Healthier BU Blog provides health tips and a wide variety of wellness resources. You can also access it from the Connection homepage.
Employees are invited to enjoy their lunch during a presentation on health and wellness, often presented by follow Butler faculty or staff. Topics vary month-to-month, so watch the Connection for announcements.
Healthy Horizons and the HRC partner to allow you access to the HRC's indoor track. Membership to the HRC is not required. Please bring your Butler ID and sign in at the front desk. Access to the track is available Monday through Friday from 6:00–8:00 AM, noon–1:00 PM and 4:00–5:00 PM. If you wish to form a walking group, you may do so on your own, or you may walk individually. HRC access is limited to the track use only.